[Kde-pim] SoC project: KOrganizer theming improvements

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu May 24 09:35:49 BST 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 May 2007 11:59:36 pm Loïc Corbasson wrote:
> > I'm Loïc Corbasson, one of this year's Summer of Code students, and I'm
> > working on KOrganizer's theming interfaces; Cornelius Schumacher mentors
> > me. Some of you already know me a little -- I'm tricasse on IRC.
>
> Nice to meet you. I'm winterz on IRC in #kontact.
> Hope to see you there soon.

Arr, aye.

> > I first went through various usual calendar layouts and decorations [1]
> > to be able to explain some choices I suggest; I then wrote the main part:
> > a list of features and implementation ideas [2], which I'd like to use as
> > reference for SoC.
> > Feel free to comment/criticise!
> >

> 1. Your blogs are very well written, and very professional.
> Much appreciated.

Excellent research, yes.

I've done a little work in the past on simplifying KOrganizer's UI, since I
don't like most of the dialogs (being used to the Palm Pilot calendar UI,
which is much smaller and doesn't come close to handling all the crap you can
put into iCal). It may be worthwhile to also put a little effort into making
the dialogs a little more "pluggable". That would involve defining interfaces
and making the existing dialogs derive from the interface instead of
hard-coding all kinds of update logic in the dialog itself. I'm not sure if
that fits in your scope, though -- you may be interested in the views only.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot