[Kde-pim] Feaure request

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon May 28 15:57:11 BST 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 14:00, Dag Nygren wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just noticed that when using different profiles to communicate to
> different persons I have to change the profile quite a lot. Would
> there be a possibility to "link" the profile used to a certain "To"
> mail address and default to this every time you send a mail to this
> person?

The problem is that when you start a new message the recipients are not
yet known. Therefore KMail chooses the default identity. Automatically
changing the identity after a recipient has been entered is in my
opinion not a good idea.

I can think of two partial solutions:
- Add a list of all available identities to the New Message action so
that one can choose the correct identity from the start.
- Set a recipient-dependant identity when a new message is created with
known recipient, e.g. if you click on an email address on a website or
in the message viewer.

But there is already a solution that works today: folder-dependant
identities. If you use different folders for communicating with
different people then you can set the default identity to be used for
those folders to the correct identity. New message created while such a
folder is active will automatically get the correct identity.

Regards,
Ingo