[Kde-pim] Introducing myself: Want to contribute to KDE PIM

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Wed May 9 15:23:06 BST 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 17:58, Manish Chakravarty wrote:
> Hello Everyone,

Hello Manish,

> I am Manish Chakravarty, a 23 year old programmer from Bangalore, India.
>
> I am okay with Qt3/KDE3 and Qt4 programming.
> I have been trying to port KaXUL to KDE4 for sometime now.
>
> I really want to contribute to KDE PIM. (Particulary KMail)
>
> I have worked on Qt3/4 in a professional capacity as well.
>
> I have a KDE SVN account (mchakravarty) and can be seen on #kde ( irc
> nick: monzie)

That all sounds great. :)

> I would love to contribute to kdepim for KDE4. Please tell me where I
> should start from.

There's currently two majore fronts we are working on:

1) porting the old codebase to Qt4 and KDE4

2) development of Akonadi

There is a lot to do in both places, KMail in particular is still rather
broken in trunk and could do with some people trying to clean up all the
layout issues, making sure everything renders right, etc. There are lots of
things to be implemented for Akonadi as well, such as agents for some of the
standard formats, widgets/parts for showing data coming in from Akonadi etc.

Why don't you come by the #kontact channel on freenode IRC, I'm sure we can
find something to get you going. That goes for you too, Keith, btw, in case
you are reading this. :)

Great to see people interested in helping out.

Cheers,

Till