[Kde-pim] Bug in recurrence EXRULE handling?

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Mon May 14 20:38:32 BST 2007

>From a quick test, it looks as if an EXRULE which specifies dates only
combined with an RRULE which specifies date/time values doesn't exclude the
whole day for each day in the EXRULE. For example,

DTSTART:20070505T120000Z
RRULE:FREQ=MINUTELY;INTERVAL=1
EXRULE:FREQ=DAILY;BYDAY=MO,TU

This appears (extrapolating from my test results) to generate occurrences on
Mondays and Tuesdays for all minutes except 12:00:00, plus all minutes on all
other days of the week. I think that it should probably exclude Mondays and
Tuesdays altogether.

If others can confirm my understanding of what ought to happen, I'll look into
fixing it. I notice in particular that although RecurrenceRule::setFloats()
is defined, mFloats which records its setting is never referenced.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.