[Kde-pim] 16 Days and Counting

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Mon May 21 21:29:08 BST 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007 17:10, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 May 2007 17:47:07 Allen Winter wrote:
> > We have only 16 days (by 1 June) to decide if we will release a kdepim
> > 4.0.
> >
> > IMHO we should say no... unless the status changes dramatically
> > within the next 2 weeks.
> >
> > Other opinions?
>
> Yes. I just had a quick look at Kontact and its components and was
> positively surprised. No more crashs by simply selecting something or
> clicking somewhere, most parts showed their GUI correctly (expect summary)
> as well as existing data (which also means the kresource stuff is basically
> working). This is a huge improvement over the state a few weeks ago. Sure,
> there is still a lot to fix, but it looks doable to me. And there is quite
> some work done actually, eg. I count seven regression fixes in the last 24h
> for pim.
>
> I vote for including KDE PIM in the 4.0 release.

I second that. KMail comes up, does stuff, and apart from kio_imap, it doesn't
look half bad. And that's on OSX ;). Besides, although I can't go into
specifics at this point, there'll be a decent amount of contracted KDAB work
going into making trunk work after our current work on the enterprise branch
(all of which will be merged into trunk, if it hasn't been already) has been
completed, which should be within the next two or three weeks.

Till