[Kde-pim] [Job] K3Process should be replaced by QProcess

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun May 27 13:29:34 BST 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 22:06:53 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 21 May 2007 09:55, Volker Krause wrote:

> > > Hmffff. I ported it this morning.
> >
> > Ok, then let's try again ;-)
> > Here are some other small jobs I came across yesterday:
> >
> > kdepimlibs/mailtransport:
> > Add history for ad-hoc transports (manually entered urls like
> > smtps://me@myserver.org) to MailTransport::TransportComboBox.
> > KMail already does this manually in the composer, but it would of
> > course be nice if it would be available everywhere (ie. also in
> > Mailody and KNode) with the same data.
>
> Is this really useful? I wanted to get rid of this in KMail because it's
> an easy source for errors (if the user accidentally changes something).

Well, no idea. I just didn't want to silently remove features from KMail ;-)
Of course, without ad-hoc transports things would be a bit easier in
mailtransport. If it should be kept, some kind of input-validation would
certainly be useful.

Personally, I've only needed it once for testing a newly installed mailserver,
so I wont object a removal.

regards
Volker