[Kde-pim] 16 Days and Counting

Thorsten Staerk thorsten at staerk.de
Thu May 17 12:06:46 BST 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 18:21:12 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 May 2007 12:04:30 pm Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> > > Hi PIMsters,
> > >
> > > We have only 16 days (by 1 June) to decide if we will release a kdepim
> > > 4.0.
> > >
> > > IMHO we should say no... unless the status changes dramatically
> > > within the next 2 weeks.
> > >
> > > Other opinions?
> > >
> > > Kontact, KMail, KOrganizer, KNotes aren't in very good shape.
> > > KAlarm looks good.
> > >
> > > I don't know about the others (KAddressbook, KTimeTracker, ...)
> > >
> > > -Allen
> >
> > KTimeTracker would be fine if the underlying libs weren't so unstable. So
> > I say we SHOULD release KDEPIM 4 so we finally move towards a goal and
> > not from one amendment to the next.
>
> Which libs are unstable?
> Just curious if you mean kdelibs or kdepimlibs or the libs in the kdepim
> module.
I mean both. E.g. ktimetracker: { I start a task -> it crashed -> I svn
update -> starting a task no longer crashes, but deleting -> I update ->
deleting a task no longer crashes, but stopping it } until false
In most cases I could find the problem either in kdelibs or in kdepim's libs.

Releasing KDE 4 (on october-23) is stupid if the most important apps are not
available.