[Kde-pim] SoC project: KOrganizer theming improvements

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Sat May 26 21:40:09 BST 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 May 2007 11:59:36 pm Loïc Corbasson wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm Loïc Corbasson, one of this year's Summer of Code students, and I'm
> > working on KOrganizer's theming interfaces; Cornelius Schumacher mentors
> > me. Some of you already know me a little -- I'm tricasse on IRC.
>
> Nice to meet you. I'm winterz on IRC in #kontact.
> Hope to see you there soon.

I am glad to meet you too, Loïc.  =:)  I'm _very_ excited to see you helping
to improve KOrganizer!!  I'm vanRijn on irc.  I'll look for you.  =:)

[snip]
> > [1]
> > http://blog.loic.corbasson.fr/post/2007/05/01/What-is-a-paper-based-calen
> >dar [2]
> > http://blog.loic.corbasson.fr/post/2007/05/01/Some-first-mockups-and-vari
> >ous-ideas
>
> 1. Your blogs are very well written, and very professional.
> Much appreciated.

I very much agree.  Very nicely done.  In addition to the ideas you mentioned,
which I think are all very good, the one view that I've seen many
office-types use that korganizer does not have an answer for is the the week
view like the one evolution has:

http://rodrigo.gnome-db.org/shots/evolution-multiple-week-view.png

I wonder if it's possible to approach the templates/themes that you're going
to be looking at doing so that that kind of layout would be possible?

Very glad to have you aboard Loïc!!  See you on irc!!  =:)

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-