[Kde-pim] more info on rabbit-like multiplying of events in my calendar

Jan-Pascal van Best janpascal at vanbest.org
Sun May 27 21:11:37 BST 2007

(my apologies for replying to myself)
> Since then, I've had the question about conflicting calendar items one more
> time. This was just after a kpilot crash while it was syncing to my Palm. I
> do not remember whether that was also the case the previous time. I told it
> to use the most recent version, and that seems to work.

Just now, kpilot crashing during sync again. I looked at the maildir on
the server after the crash, and it had only a few item from today. Next,
the kmail dimap sync kicked in. Kontact uses 80% CPU now, and in the
maildir for the calendar on the server I see new items being added.

The same time, on the client, the dimap cache for the calendar folder
(~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/dimap/.270687957.directory/.calendar.directory/Calendar/cur/)
contains a large number of items with a recent timestamp. Strangely
enough, the number of items in the cache seems to be falling. No idea
what that means.

Any takers?

Cheers

Jan-Pascal