[Kde-pim] KMail problems

Rick cms0009 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 05:09:42 BST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 6:29:28 pm Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> Hello folks...
>
> I've been hearing some neat things about KMail and wanting for awhile to
>  try it out... and I did. I like the fact that my Palm address book is
> my address book for e-mail, and that is helpful.
>
> I'm running KMail 1.9.6 that comes with Kubuntu Feisty 7.04, KDE 3.5.6.
> I'm having a lot of problems that have sent me back to Thunderbird for
> now. First off, I often cannot even get my mail to come up. I realize
> that 5369 is a lot of messages to have in your INBOX, but... I do, and I
> don't really have a problem with that. However, KMail often decides not
> to load anything. My other mailbox, however, appears only to have 820
> e-mails in it. Sometimes it will bring them up, sometimes not.
>
> Right now, my work INBOX has 38 unread e-mails. KMail does not seem to
> think so for whatever reason (actually, as I was writing this, it came
> up, but we're talking like over 45 seconds to bring the mail up when it
> is somewhat familiar with the contents of the INBOX previously).

Hmm, very odd, since I running feisty on my laptop,
with about with about 59 folder, and about 68,000 emails, with no problems,
some issues, with kontacts (info) being display., other than that its good.

back up you kmail folder, to a safe
location, /home/YOURS/.kde/share/apps/kmail

then go back into /home/YOURS/.kde/share/apps/ ( wipe kmail out )
then re-install kmail, and do a import of your back email folder.

Regards-
Rick