[Kde-pim] Pipe througth external programmen freezes KMail

Tue May 8 19:08:49 BST 2007

Hello,
I use the standard ruleset KMail has produced for spamassassin. The only thing
I have changed is to remove the -L from the command thus enabling online
tests. I know that this makes SA a lot slower but that's not a problem.

But KMail freezes everytime entirely when a message is piped through SA which
is very annoying, you can't use it while it's fetching mail. Why is this not
done in an external thread or process?

Can I change it? (is it working to add a & at the command to do the filtering
in the background?)

Thanks,

Florian