[Kde-pim] 80%CPU and 46% memory used by kontact with maildir containing about 40000 messages

Jiří Navrátil jiri at navratil.cz
Wed May 2 10:55:37 BST 2007

Hi,

I had moved 10 000 messages using mutt to IMAP. After this, I have about 30
000 messages (13 000 unsorted in one maildir and rest sorted in 1281 maildir
folders)

Unfortunately, there is no related improvement in performance.

I noticed, that in the "root" mail folder, all maildir folders are in circle
touched (date / time changed). Can this be the problem?

In other words, my feeling is, that KMail is checking in circle all maildirs
for statistics reasons. I will try to disable column with statistics, but I
can not disable information about number of new messages. I will then move
all sorted messages to one folder, if this help.

Best regards,
Jiri

Jiri Navratil, http://www.navratil.cz,  +420 777 224 245