[Kde-pim] Fwd: Re: kblog

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Mar 23 12:53:20 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 9:32:09 am Christian Weilbach wrote:
> Hi,
> > Hi Allen.
> >
> > Yes I've recently worked on it a bit. Actually I had to fix a lot of things
> > due to porting to library code and kdelibs4/qt4. I've put everything not
> > related to the public functions in seperate private classes and the headers
> > are now 'clean'. A first unit test for Blogger API 1.0 works with all
> > server side supported functions and I've started fixing the code for
> > validity checking of the server response structure. I've also added some
> > more functionality for a clearer signal behaviour.
> > Currently my goal is to:
> > -clean the API up a little bit more
> done (well maybe I can do some more ;-) )
> > -fix the unit test
> done
> > -port the MetaweblogAPI port to a copy of the new Blogger API structure
> > (clean it up in the same way)
> done
> > -add Documentation for Doxygen
> done (can always be improved...)
> > -copy and adjust the unit test of Blogger API to MetaweblogAPI
> done
> >
> > Well this actually adds no new functionality compared to previous KBlogger
> > code, but making a sane lib out of it seems to be a bit more complicated
> > than hacking a kicker applet.
> > I hope to add Blogger API 2.0 support, but this needs a working Atom API
> > pendant to KXmlRPCClient, which could be very hard work for me.
>
> I'm trying to reuse the Syndication code, maybe I'll do that soon. GData Apis
> are .NET and Java only :-(.
>
> > Additionally I have no idea about KDEPIM code and I would be grateful for
> > any help by adding a KJournal resource for blogging backends.
>
> Akonadi of KResource? Maybe I'll wait a little bit and do Blogger 2.0 stuff
> first...
>
> > Once Plasma is implemented (and I have time), I will try to program a
> > similar applet like KBlogger for KDE 4. I don't know how and if one should
> > add other language bindings, too?
> >
> > Well thanks for your interest, I wasn't sure if trying to wrap around
> > messed up blog-server APIs makes that much sense sometimes. I hope I could
> > satisfy your question. I haven't been focused on programming for some time,
>
> And I won't program all day in the future. But I'll try to work on it from
> time to time and try to fix bugs constantly.
>
> > but currently I want to make the KBlog-library at least usable until KDE 4
> > (my current target for the list above is April).
>
> Do you think it is ready for KDE-Pimlibs? I would like to move it in.

Christian,

Your code looks really nice.  You obviously put a lot of work into it.

It builds fine for me the the test hangs (and I let it run over night).
% makeobj test
makeobj[0]: Entering directory `/data/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepimlibs/build-gcc/kblog/tests'
Running tests...
Start processing tests
Test project /data/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepimlibs/build-gcc/kblog/tests
  1/  2 Testing kblog-testblogger             make: *** [test] Interrupt

Do you know what's wrong?
Once we fix the testing I will svn mv kblog into kdepimlibs.

Regards,
Allen