[Kde-pim] KDE 4 bugs and porting webpage

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Wed Mar 21 19:38:12 GMT 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007, Mathias Soeken wrote:
> Hi,
> I have created a KDE 4 bugs and porting website [1] for myself. There I'm
> listing bugs which I find and some further informations. Some of these bugs
> I cannot close but I find that these collected informations are interesting
> for other developers. I suppose that bugs.kde.org is not a good place for
> this and so I decide to integrate a site in pim.kde.org.

Great, I also vote for a page at techbase.kde.org. In addition to individual
bugs, there are also common porting mistakes that occur repeatedly all over
the codebase in trunk, like a) "wordwrap settings for labels get lost" or b)
s"ignal/slot connections set up in Qt3 designer are missing". Such a
checklist could save a lot of time and would give hints what to check for,
and where to look into when hunting bugs in trunk.

Regards,

Frank