[Kde-pim] Help needed to connect kmail to a global address list and MS exchange

David E. Ellestad ellestde at rose-hulman.edu
Fri Mar 23 01:54:03 GMT 2007

Dear kde-pim team,

My name is David Ellestad and I go to Rose-Hulman Institute of
Technology in Terre Haute, Indiana. I am using Kubuntu Linux and using
Kmail as an alternative to Outlook.

I am trying to setup an email account that uses IMAP and connects to the
Rose-Hulman global address book via the Rose-Hulman LDAP server. I have
searched your mailing list and found one other message concerning kmail
and a MS exchange server. I followed the instructions in this message,
but I still could not use the global address list when composing emails.

The IT department on my campus does not provide support for any other
program other than Outlook, but they do provide information on setting
up an IMAP connection in other email clients and information for
connecting to the Rose-Hulman LDAP server.

IMAP Setup

Incoming server: exch-gw.ms.rose-hulman.edu
Outgoing server: exchange.ms.rose-hulman.edu
Incoming and outgoing authentication is required
SSL or TLS must be enabled for both incoming and outgoing servers
IMAP/Incoming Port: 993
SMTP/Outgoing Port: 25

LDAP Setup

Hostname: dc-1.ms.rose-hulman.edu
Base DN: dc=ms,dc=rose-hulman,dc=edu
Use secure connection
Port #: 3260
Bind DN: ellestde at rose-hulman.edu
Subtree:
(|(objectCategory=person)(objectCategory=group)(objectClass=contact))

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions for solving this
problem. Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely,

David E. Ellestad
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Class of 2009