[Kde-pim] Korganizer + IMAP kmail not working.

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Tue Mar 27 22:54:16 BST 2007

Hi,

Following a discussion here a few months ago, I decided to give a try
to the "IMAP ressource with kmail" functionality of korganizer.

First point: It took me a very long time to understand what I was
supposed to do to configure that. Korganizer launched kmail when I
activated the IMAP calendar, but then, I had to find out that I had to
do menu-bar -> settings -> configure kmail -> misc -> groupware, and
configure a mail folder from there. *At least*, korganizer should have
told me how to do that in the dialog for activating the IMAP
ressource.

Then, bad surprise to bad surprise: I have the same setup at home and
at work, but with different versions. Debian stable at work, and
unstable at home. Sporadically, at home (Debian stable), korganizer
decides not to see the entries in the IMAP calendar anymore => blank
calendar. If I add a new event, I get an error dialog saying "enable
to save event XXX", but the event is actually saved: appears in
korganizer, and I can see the message in kmail. BUT: if I close and
reopen korganizer, the event has disapeared. It's still in my IMAP
mailbox, but disapeared from the calendar.

I already experimented data-loss with the ssh access, I now
experiment data-disapearing.

I can't hide that I'm pretty disapointed. I was happy to use KDE
software, and I might end-up with a google account :-(.

First question: do you advise me to continue with korganizer? Is it
really meant to be useable as it is, am I just unlucky, or is the IMAP
ressource known to be buggy?

And of course, next question: any idea on how to solve my particular
problem?

Thanks a lot,
(and sorry for the unpleasant message ;-) )

--
Matthieu