[Kde-pim] Recurrence exceptions and alarms

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 20:48:29 GMT 2007

Exceptions to recurrences apply to the _event_ date/time, so that any alarms
associated with the exception occurrence of the event will not trigger, even
if they fall on a different date from the event itself. Also, an exception
date won't necessarily prevent an alarm occurring on that date, if the alarm
is on a different date from its associated event. True or false?

I'm pretty convinced that RFC2445 means that the above statements are true -
I'd like to confirm that that would be the understanding of other people too.
If so, it poses a potential problem for the way that KAlarm uses exceptions,
since I've always just assumed, without engaging brain, that exceptions apply
to the alarms too.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.