[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.0

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Fri Mar 23 02:03:17 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 20:17:08 mark at easymailings.com wrote:
> > 2) The current state plus bug fixes based on and including the old
> >
> > libraries.
> >
> > That basically would mean that KDE PIM 4.0 is KDE PIM 3 ported to Qt4
>
> and
>
> > kdelibs 4.0 without a huge number of improvements. This would go
>
> against
>
> > the
> >
> > notion to get rid of old cruft.
>
> This seems safest and most likely to produce a stable release.
>

> Maybe it could be sweetened by trying to pull in as many downstream
> patches as possible.  That might be the easiest way to have more
> hours put into pim.

As unsexy as that may sound, I think Mark's right...  =:/  Also, I don't think
that doing this would preclude some much-needed refactoring, re-arranging and
general cleanup after said hopefully-stable-yet-unsexy kdepim 4.0, would it?
Couldn't it be stated openly that kdepim releases in the early 4.x series are
not ABI-compatible and are a moving target?

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-