[Kde-pim] Fwd: Re: kblog

Christian Weilbach christian_weilbach at web.de
Thu Mar 22 13:32:09 GMT 2007

Hi,
> Hi Allen.
>
> Yes I've recently worked on it a bit. Actually I had to fix a lot of things
> due to porting to library code and kdelibs4/qt4. I've put everything not
> related to the public functions in seperate private classes and the headers
> are now 'clean'. A first unit test for Blogger API 1.0 works with all
> server side supported functions and I've started fixing the code for
> validity checking of the server response structure. I've also added some
> more functionality for a clearer signal behaviour.
> Currently my goal is to:
> -clean the API up a little bit more
done (well maybe I can do some more ;-) )
> -fix the unit test
done
> -port the MetaweblogAPI port to a copy of the new Blogger API structure
> (clean it up in the same way)
done
> -add Documentation for Doxygen
done (can always be improved...)
> -copy and adjust the unit test of Blogger API to MetaweblogAPI
done

> Well this actually adds no new functionality compared to previous KBlogger
> code, but making a sane lib out of it seems to be a bit more complicated
> than hacking a kicker applet.
> I hope to add Blogger API 2.0 support, but this needs a working Atom API
> pendant to KXmlRPCClient, which could be very hard work for me.

I'm trying to reuse the Syndication code, maybe I'll do that soon. GData Apis
are .NET and Java only :-(.

> Additionally I have no idea about KDEPIM code and I would be grateful for
> any help by adding a KJournal resource for blogging backends.

Akonadi of KResource? Maybe I'll wait a little bit and do Blogger 2.0 stuff
first...

> Once Plasma is implemented (and I have time), I will try to program a
> similar applet like KBlogger for KDE 4. I don't know how and if one should
> add other language bindings, too?
>
> Well thanks for your interest, I wasn't sure if trying to wrap around
> messed up blog-server APIs makes that much sense sometimes. I hope I could
> satisfy your question. I haven't been focused on programming for some time,

And I won't program all day in the future. But I'll try to work on it from
time to time and try to fix bugs constantly.

> but currently I want to make the KBlog-library at least usable until KDE 4
> (my current target for the list above is April).

Do you think it is ready for KDE-Pimlibs? I would like to move it in.

> I hope that works,
> cheers,
>
> whilo

Cheers,