[Kde-pim] Akonadi, Akonadi, Akonadi

Sheldon Cumming sheldonc4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:27:12 GMT 2007

I've been looking at techbase hoping for some good info to show up so
I can get a better idea of where things are going.

I wanted to add some notes about Akonadi, etc, but I quickly learned
that I'm very unsure about number of things.

Some Questions:

1) Are there docs I don't know about?

2) Scope? Can my app shove any piece of data it feels like into akonadi?

3) Is Akonadi even a word that most developers will need to have in
their vocabularies?

4) Stuff yet to be implemented?

After idling in IRC and watching the lists as much as I can, it
appears that we are in dire need of centralized, digestable
documentation.

If somebody more knowledgeable than myself could get
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Akonadi  or similar page started
perhaps I could run with it in a add-as-I-learn-more sort of fashion.

Thanks,
Sheldon