[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.0

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 21:54:50 GMT 2007

On Saturday 17 March 2007 14:37, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy PIMsters,
>
> The KDE4.0 Release Schedule is "official", barring any unforseen
> disasters. http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Roadmap
>
> Some important milestone dates:
>
> * 1 April: we need to have any major kdepimlibs stuff in place.
>    Let me know ASAP if there are big changes still needed in
> kdepimlibs.
>
>    khalkhi?  Friedrich?
>
>   If you are a maintainer in kdepimlibs, please send a status report.
>   Especially syndication and kldap libs.
>
>  * 1 May: kdepimlibs mostly frozen
>
>  * 8 May: start of Usability and Accessibility review
>
>  * 1 June: we need to know if we will release kdepim with KDE 4.0.
>    So, basically if KMail and/or KOrganzier don't start getting some
> major love starting... like right now... we probably won't be
> releasing kdepim 4.0

Just a thought:
I think it does not really make much sense to aim for API stability in
kdepimlibs until the APIs based on Akonadi are stable. As far as I've
heard this won't happen before KDE 4.1. So we should make it extra
clear that most libraries in kdepimlibs will neither remain binary nor
source compatible for the whole lifetime of KDE 4.

Regards,
Ingo