[Kde-pim] New RecipientsPicker in kmail (KDE4)

Mathias Soeken msoeken at tzi.de
Sun Mar 18 11:34:11 GMT 2007

Hello,

Once again thanks for your suggestions and comments to my recipients picker.
I have tried to implement as much ideas as possible. In the newest version,
which can be found at /trunk/playground/pim/recipientspicker, the following
changes were done:
- A sample photo for one person. This photo is also visible in the tooltip.
- Display only the marked persons for a quick overview.
- Doubĺeclick sets the status on *To*.
- Better keyboard based selection: Space toggles the status of the current
selected item
- A new oneclick-method:

I have removed the QComboBox. It is replaced by three checkable QToolButtons
for each status. This tool buttons will be displayed in that row where the
pointer is in the first column. You could see some screenshots at
http://www.tzi.de/~msoeken/recipientspicker/index.html but for a better
demonstration you can compile the sourcecode in the above mentioned
directory.

A new suggestion:
If you want to select only one recipient in the current version you must
perform a doubleclick on the recipient and press Ok. I think that the user
suppose that they only must mark the entry and press Ok in this case. The
question is whether to set the status to *To* automaticaly, to display an
info message or to do nothing.

Mathias