[Kde-pim] KDE4 Release News

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Mar 7 00:41:08 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 23:54, Allen Winter wrote:
> The proverbial doo-doo hit the fan today... the release team is seriously
> considering a roadmap that calls for a kdelibs+kdepimlibs soft API freeze
> to occur in about 1 month (you read that right... ~30days or 720hours).

Good on them! It's about time there was a serious plan for KDE4.

> With an apps feature freeze  approximately 60days from now.
>
> With KDE4.0 expected in early October.

So it'll run KDE 3.5.7 PIM apps. Big deal.

> I'm hoping that Akonadi can follow the kdelibs schedule; i.e, reach
> a soft freeze (the API pretty much done) within the same 30day period.

That's a good thing to aim for, though not strictly needed, as it's outside of
the libs (why, actually?).

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/