[Kde-pim] KTexteditor kde4 - Personal contact information

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 18:00:30 GMT 2007

Hi !

The KTexteditor template interface is for inserting code snippets into a text
document. It has some generic code for katepart, yzis, .... which replaces
certain variables automatically (It's for instance used in the kate template
plugin)
The following line used kabc to insert the fullname and the email address of
the current user.
Copyright (C) %{year}, %{fullname} <%{email}>

Known variables, which depend on kabc are:
firstname,lastname,fullname,email

During the KDE 3 release cycle libktexteditor linked directly to libkabc. At
the beginning of the Qt4 port I wrote a plugin, which only loaded kabc if
needed, which tokoe removed since it could not be built in kdelibs anymore,
after the pim code had been moved to kdepimlibs. That's why the variable
expansion in the interface is broken now.

I'd like to recreate the plugin again, this time in kdepimlibs and if there is
a template needing this plugin but the kdepimlibs and therefore the plugin is
not available, I'd like to show a dialog telling the user to install
kdepimlibs (which should only happen if kdebase is not installed)

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger

[..]

--
Who fights may lose, but who doesn't fight at all has already lost
KATE developer - Joseph Wenninger <jowenn at kde.org>