[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.0

Thorsten Staerk Thorsten at Staerk.de
Sat Mar 17 18:09:07 GMT 2007

All,

I - and I guess much more people - would help where this is needed and
start discovering new programs if there weren't so much functionality
problems. Speaking of my beloved ktimetracker, it has worked several times
as I wanted it, but kdelibs seems to make fun of us by breaking
functionality that once worked.

Examples:
- strigi is needed, if you do not know that you can get it from svn, you
lose a developer's day (and I have about 0.6 developer's days per week in
my time budget)
- you were forced from automake to unsermake
- you were forced from unsermake to cmake
- you were forced to change kdDebug to kDebug (why not sweet the small
stuff ?)
- kdepimlibs also made (at least) me headaches.

If we stop those clown-acts, we really have a chance to make the world
better already in October. Let's use it.

thanks

Thorsten