[Kde-pim] KMail crashes when message box is shown on startup

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 21:53:27 BST 2007

Hello,

On Sunday 10 June 2007, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> After a quick look at kmkernel.cpp I suggest to delay the instantiation
> of MailTransport::TransportManager by moving the connects from
> KMKernel's c'tor to the init() method. See the attached (and completely
> untested) patch.
Thanks for answering. The patch works, besides the fact the the message box
pops up behind the mainwindow.

However, there are still other message boxes (don't remember which ones, but
I've definitaly seen some) having the same problem. Finding each of those
message boxes and fixing them is not easily possible.

What we really need to do is to fix the KUniqueApplication thing: Only create
the new instance just before qApp->exec() in main.cpp, not when the event
loop is entered (which can happen before qApp->exec() because of those
message boxes).
Still, I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks,
Thomas