[Kde-pim] Sending big mails fails, bug in SMTP slave

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Sat Jun 30 16:54:54 BST 2007

Hello,

KMail currently fails to send mails which have big attachments. I guess all
mails over 11520 bytes fail.

The problem seems to be in the SMTP ioslave or even in the underlying classes
like TCPSlaveBase.

In SMTPProtocol::sendCommandLine(), the slave tries to write 33210 bytes, but
only 11520 are actually written. Because of this, the slave signals an error.

In KDE 3, all 33210 bytes get written successfully.

I have no idea why this is different now. Can anybody with knowledge of the
SMTP slave have a look?

Also i noticed there are at least 3 warnings in the code of the slave which
say "Port to KNetwork". I have no idea how to port the code in question.
Again, can anybody please have a look at that?

Thiago, I've CC'ed you because you know the KNetwork stuff, right? I hope you
don't mind.

Regards,
Thomas