[Kde-pim] Kmail and M$ Exchange

Rashid N. Achilov achilov-rn at askd.ru
Wed Jun 13 07:31:00 BST 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 01:54, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a guide, or send me directions on how to get Kmail to
> work with an exchange server?

Nothing special. When Exchange supports IMAP (sic, not MAPI! MAPI is
Windows-only, still does not supported at KMail), you simply adds account
with "IMAP" type. Be sure that "show hidden folders" is checked on, elsewhere
you cannot gain access to Exchange Shared Folders. Auth methods can be
only "Plain Text". It is terrible, but no any another method (you can try
NTLM, it didn't work for me)
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://www.askd.ru/~shelton