[Kde-pim] [Job] K3Process should be replaced by QProcess

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 07:32:25 BST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 21:34:09 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2007 01:10, Sam Bishop wrote:
> > Volker Krause wrote:
> > > No, mailtransport is so far only used in KMail, KNode and Mailody,
> > > with KMail being the only one having supported ad-hoc transports so
> > > far, ie. the only one where we need to care about migrating
> > > existing ad-hoc transports to real transports.
> >
> > It looks like some Perl code needs to be written in order to do the
> > migration part of this.  Should that go in mailtransport's
> > kconf_update directory or kmail's?
>
> I think in kmail's.

So far we have all the migration code in mailtransport since some of it is
shared between the KMail and KNode migration. But technically it doesn't make
a difference where it is I think.

> > It also looks like each transport-history entry needs to be converted
> > to a "[Transport <n>]" entry.  How do I know what to use as an id for
> > a new transport?
>
> The id doesn't matter as long as it is unique.

IIRC we are using a textual prefix and an index for the config group name for
migration, ie. KMail transports are migrated to [Transport kmail-<n>]. You
don't need to add the id key (which has to be a unique number), it will be
generated if missing. Newly created transports use the id as config group
name as well, so there is no conflict with migrated transports.

regards
Volker