[Kde-pim] Akonadi design questions

Christian Schaarschmidt schaarsc at gmx.de
Thu Jun 7 22:50:48 BST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2007 23:54 schrieb Christian Schaarschmidt:
> Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2007 08:55 schrieb Volker Krause:
> > On Wednesday 30 May 2007 23:52:10 Christian Schaarschmidt wrote:
> > > I have put toghether yet another overview for akonadi I had planed to
> > > attach. Unfortunately umbrello will no longer display the diagram and
> > > the .png is to big as attachment. Does anyone have an idea how I could
> > > convince umbrello to display it again?
>
> well, this took longer than expected. I switched to argouml and the first
> thing that happend was that my archive got corrupted, at least this was
> fixable... anyway I've attached the result. It might not be 100% UML, but
> shows the big picture. If you think this could be interesting for others I
> can upload it.
> The question is where?
> I'm not sure if is better to start something in
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/kdepim/(akonadi?) or to upload it to the
> doc directory?
> techbase could be used to list q&a, todos from this thread, links to
> related projects, etc.
I did some more doc reading. most of the documentation is available in doxy
files, so techbase might not be such a good idea after all ... ;-)
what about these ideas?
- use bug.kde.org for todos, to seperate from real bugs we could use special
component or target release. always up to date, you can assign/take  the todo
and close it with svn-commit
- some doc houskeeping
-- remove building block from first page and link from "akonadi design" to
details
-- clean up svn (btw, is there a job that generates the dox and copy to EBN?)

http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-4.0/kdepim-apidocs/akonadi/html/index.html
  based on
      http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/Mainpage.dox
      (link missing to )
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/doc/pics/*
      http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/libakonadi/Mainpage.dox
      http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/server/Mainpage.dox

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/server/src/storage/Database.dox
      (empty)http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/kabc/Mainpage.dox
      (empty)http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/kmime/Mainpage.dox

(empty)http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/clients/Mainpage.dox

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/doc/Concepts.txt
  general ideas
  integrate it into Mainpage.dox ?

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/doc/libakonadi.xmi
  libakonadi class diagram
  move to libakonadi/doc?
  show .png in libakonadi/Mainpage.dox?

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/TODO
  integrate it into Mainpage.dox ?
  use bug.kde.org for todos?

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/server/control/README
  redundant information, see class documentation in header-file
  remove?

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi/server/src/storage/README
  move to Database.dox ?

Regards