[Kde-pim] kdepim/libkleo/backends/kpgp

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jul 8 19:22:54 BST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 17:49, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Thursday 05 July 2007 5:48:20 pm Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Do we need kdepim/libkleo/backends/kpgp?
> > Can I remove it?
> >
> > It isn't being built it seems.
> >
> > Why would we need to keep it?
>
> Replying to myself..
>
> It seems that the kpgp backend wasn't compiled in 3.5 either.
> So I will remove it from kdepim trunk.

Yes, it can be removed. I never got around working on it and it would
really only be necessary if we wanted to support PGP as backend
additionally to the much superior GnuPG. Since GnuPG works on all
platforms we will support, in particular, on Windows, there is no need
for a PGP-based backend.

Regards,
Ingo