[Kde-pim] [Job] K3Process should be replaced by QProcess

Sam Bishop sam at bishop.dhs.org
Sun Jul 1 03:22:09 BST 2007

Sam Bishop wrote:
> Monday 21 May 2007 22:06:53 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>> Monday 21 May 2007 09:55, Volker Krause wrote:
>>> Here are some other small jobs I came across yesterday:
>>>
>>> kdepimlibs/mailtransport:
>>> Add history for ad-hoc transports (manually entered urls like
>>> smtps://me@myserver.org) to MailTransport::TransportComboBox.
>>> KMail already does this manually in the composer, but it would of
>>> course be nice if it would be available everywhere (ie. also in
>>> Mailody and KNode) with the same data.
>>
>> Is this really useful? I wanted to get rid of this in KMail because
>> it's an easy source for errors (if the user accidentally changes
>> something).
>
> I'll take this one too.  (The signal-throttling patch is nearly done.)
> Are there any other places besides the Mailody project where I ought to
> look for uses of this, outside of the kdepim module?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Would someone else like to take this on?  I haven't had time to work
on anything KDE-related for a few weeks now, and I don't see that
changing 'til about October actually.

If you're interested, there were a few other emails related to this;
I'd start here:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=117977806100064&w=2

And if you don't know where the editable combobox is that needs to be
removed, enable "Mail Transport" under the "View" menu.  Then you'll
see it in the composer.

Thanks,
Sam Bishop