[Kde-pim] Debugging Help: KMail Checks for Permissions After IMAP Delete

Adrien Guillon guila at dainty.ca
Fri Jul 6 21:48:05 BST 2007

Hi All,

I've spent a couple of days swimming through KDE PIM source code, and I'm
stuck.  We've found a bug in KMail IMAP support.  If a user does not have
permission to delete a message on the IMAP server side, and the user deletes
the message in KMail... the message is "deleted" in KMail, and then returns
an error after the email is gone that the message could not be deleted... the
check needs to happen first.

There are some fundamental things about KMail design I don't understand, and
haven't been able to really figure out:

1)  What is the interface between KMail and the IMAP kioslave ?  It seems that
there is an event handler, and that the kioslave stuff happens at scheduled
intervals... (makes sense)...

2)  Is this issue going to go away with akonadi, since I presume that KMail
won't use the kioslave directly anymore but will use akonadi?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to be able to debug
this myself, but got stuck along the way....

Thanks,

AJ