[Kde-pim] Question on Akonadi data connection

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jul 28 18:48:08 BST 2007

I did a bit of browsing the Akonadi sources during last week and I got a few
questions on the Akonadi data connection.

My previous assumption of the Akonadi subsystem was that each user would have
their own instance of akonadiserver running, handling only the respective
user's data.

However, looking through akonadi/libakonadi/session.cpp suggests that there
will be a single akonadiserver (systemwide), shared by all users (only one
akonadiserver can bind port 4444 on loopback)

Then again I don't find any login/authentification procedure, which would be a
requirement for a shared resource.

I am a bit confused by now :)

Cheers,
Kevin