[Kde-pim] libkleo move to kdepimlibs

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sat Jul 14 11:07:53 BST 2007

Tom asked me for help sorting out the move of kdepim/libkleo to
kdepimlibs/kleo last night, which he started, but the kdepim build is broken.
I'd like to fix it but i need to be sure what's going on

headers in libkleo:
  THEN not installed
  NOW installed in include/libkleo (by toma in 687486, see below)
headers in libkleo/kleo:
  THEN installed in include/kleo
  NOW installed in include/kleo
headers in libkleo/ui
  THEN installed in include/libkleoui (added in r679278 by cconnell for
Kopete's use - but probably never used, see below)
  NOW installed in include/libkleoui

The headers from libkleo/ were apparently uninstalled, because they were only
used by kdepim apps.  Judging by the amount of API docu, these are part of
public API though.

I suggest that headers from libkleo/ and libkleo/kleo are all installed in
include/kleo - any reason not to?  and that ui headers go in include/kleo/ui.

As well as sorting out a decent includes structure, some work is necessary to
make the now installed kleo classes work when installed as a library.  They
are currently inheriting uic generated widgets, whose headers can't be
installed as they are not BIC.  I suggest using composition via pimpl for the
generated code.

Other problems may turn up yet.  I'm not a kleo user or cognoscenti, just
trying to fix the darn build without creating more problems.

Will