[Kde-pim] Journals in KOrganizer

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 22:12:28 BST 2007

Hi, I'm a summer of code student working on blogging support on Kontact. My
backend work is almost completed and I need to start working on the GUI
frontend side.

Talking to cornelius at Akademy we came to the conclusion that, to us, the
current journal interface is a bit difficult to use and not as streamlined as
it could be.

I was hoping to raise some discussions of the issues if I'm gonna be involved
in reengineering it. Part of adding blogging support will require some
functionality such as manually able to reload blogs from the server and using
HTML to structure and render them.

Does anyone actually use the journal functionality in its current form on a
regular basis? I'd be interested in hearing from you. Otherwise, please
comment on what I've laid out and whether I should partake my efforts in a
branch or people I need to speak to or whatever

Thanks for your time!

Mike Arthur