[Kde-pim] gpgme++ and qgpgme BC status

Marc Mutz marc at kdab.net
Wed Jul 25 15:48:56 BST 2007

On Wednesday July 25 2007 16:36, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 23 July 2007 10:29:53 am Marc Mutz wrote:
> > Hei,
> >
> > What with the pending feature freeze on Wednesday, here's the status of
> > qgpgme and gpgme++:
>
> Marc,
>
> Would you consider renaming back to gpgmepp?
>
> The "++" is causing problems on Windows (apparently nmake
> doesn't like it).  Also, dirk thinks that rpm is sensitive to those
> characters.

It was fixed by Christian before you unfixed it, at least it still worked on
Linux after Christian's change. So I suggest you revert your unfix, and
everything should be fine again.

> I suppose we could do conditionals in the CMake stuff
> (so Windows would know it as gpgmepp), but that we
> are still concerned about the ++ causing problems
> in rpm and other areas.
<snip>

$ apt-cache search \\+\\+|cut -d' ' -f1|grep ++|tail
paw++
paw++-static
swish++
tintin++
u++
u++-doc
libcore++-demo
libcore++-dev
libcore++-doc
libcore++1c2
$  apt-cache search \\+\\+|cut -d' ' -f1|grep ++|wc -l
119

Thanks,
Marc

--