[Kde-pim] Deleting ad-hoc mailtransport functionality (Was: Re: [Job] K3Process should be replaced by QProcess)

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Wed Jul 4 16:39:11 BST 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Thanks Sam for stepping up. Sorry it did not work out for you.  I'm glad
> you told us and not dissapeared silently ;-)
>
> Back to the subject: I'm happy to remove this functionality, I just don't
> feel like writing a conversion script (ad-hoc transports->normal
> transports) for KMail while Mailody is the bad shape it is. So if no-one
> steps up to do the work, we should leave it in as it is now (without
> history).
I already removed some (hopefully all, actually) of the transporthistory
things of KMail in commit 675991, because it had some bugs in combination
with the new mailtransport stuff.
Frankly, I don't care about the conversion scripts too much. If nobody writes
those, then the users simply have to create new accounts.

> On a cynical note: it's a shame that we don't have enough manpower even to
> remove features ;-)
Indeed. Nothing we can do about that, though.

Regards,
Thomas