[Kde-pim] Load file parameter in ktimetracker

Mathias Soeken msoeken at tzi.de
Tue Jul 31 08:32:20 BST 2007

Hello,

when opening ktimetracker with an ics file, then this ics file is stored as
default data store for ktimetracker. So when opening again without file
parameter the last opened file is stored. I think this is not intuitive.
Instead I have the following suggestion:

1.) Do not set the storage in the preferences dialog
2.) Change data store by Open... entry in File dialog (compare b131432)
3.) Open the recently used file at startup

Because ktimetracker is a unique application we have to think about mulitple
opened files. I suggest tabs in ktimetracker.

This would heavily affect mainwindow.{cpp,h} karm_part.{h,cpp} but I would
also suggest a reengineering of these two classes b/c it is mosty the same
code. Instead of this we could introduce a MainWidget which is used by the
main window and the kpart. The MainWidget then could take care about multiple
taskviews, tabs.

Further more, if we had a main widget, it could be used in korganizer (compare
b76225)

Because I am stuck with timetracker plasmoid development (there are some
problems in QGraphicsView) at moment, I could implement the above mentioned
stuff if it goes in the right direction. I think it is not a big thing.

Best regards,
Mathias