[Kde-pim] antispam wizard HOWTO (was: Re: branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kmail)

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Jul 8 17:39:12 BST 2007

Please take out kde-commits at kde.org out of the CC list when you reply. I
am moving the discussion to a more suitable place.

Am Sonntag 03 Juni 2007 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Saturday 02 June 2007 01:18, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

[...]

> > > Those regular expressions are used to extract the actual
> > > "spamicity" score and the threshold (i.e. the upper bound for
> > > non-spam) from SpamAssassin's ScoreHeader. The score and the
> > > threshold are then used for showing the spam status in the message
> > > header, i.e. the small colorbar.
> > >
> > > You need to specify the following values:
> > > ScoreName - The name that will be shown in the message header.
> > > ScoreHeader - The message header containing the score value.
> > > ScoreType - The type of the score, cf. below.
> > > ScoreValueRegexp - A regular expression for extracting the score
> > > from the ScoreHeader.
> > > ScoreThresholdRegexp - A regular expression for extracting the
> > > threshold from the ScoreHeader; only needed for Adjusted type.
> > >
> > > We support the following ScoreType values:
> > >   Bool - Simple Yes or No (Razor)
> > >   Decimal - For probability between 0.0 and 1.0 (BogoFilter)
> > >   Percentage - For straight percentages between 0.0 and 100.0
> > >   Adjusted - Use this when we need to compare against a threshold
> > > (SpamAssasssin)
> > >
> > > If you don't know how regular expressions work then just give me
> > > and Andreas (who maintains the spam-filter support) a few examples
> > > of the score headers CRM114 creates.

Hi Ingo!

I placed all of this information and some more I gathered from Andreas
into the new file kmail.antispamrc-HOWTO[1]. I don't know whether thats
the right place for this information, I can move to a more suitable place
if wished.

I also setup a minimal CRM 114 SPAM score display configuration. I will
write another mail about this.

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/kmail/kmail.antispamrc-HOWTO