[Kde-pim] KDE 4 beta 1 announcement

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Tue Jul 31 10:44:04 BST 2007

Lovely, problem is, I'm not on IRC that often. Don't have it where I work,
and I get home pretty late so I often prefer to relax a bit instead of work.
So I can't promise to be on IRC, and I have to have the article ready
tomorrow... What allen winter gave is now in the announcement, as follows:

"Work in KDE-PIM is picking up, as features from the pim enterprise branch
are merged. KOrganizer received a gantt-based timelineview and an
Outlook-style view."

If anything is missing, love to see it. And I would love links (for
gantt-based, I can link to wikipedia on that) to a blog, commit message,
email discussion, screenshot, mockup or something. I love to allow ppl to
read further, but of course, if there isn't anything, it's not the end of
the world.

Btw, I said it to Allen already - the gantt thing sounds really really cool.
Didn't know what it was until I googled  it and found the wikipedia article.
Of course, I've seen 'em before, but having it in KDE-PIM is seriously
rocking ;-)

Grtz

Jos