[Kde-pim] KDE/kdepimlibs

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Jul 5 22:56:05 BST 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 5:18:28 am you wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> > So I think it is not a very simple action to get rid of that library.
>
> I never said it was simple - it is a lot of work (and some of it will be done by kdab
> in the somewhat near future btw). I just meant that maybe we just don't want to put
> this lib in a public place (kdepimlibs) if it's only used by kdepim itself and if the long-term
> plan is to get rid of it.

Agreed.
I put libkpgp on the "move to kdepimlibs list" because I thought it was needed by libkleo.
And we definitely decide to move libkleo to kdepimlibs even though it will keep the GPL.

But, now I think I was mistaken: libkleo does not need libkpgp because the kpgp backend
isn't being built any longer.

So.. if possible we will move libkpgp back to the kdepim module.

-Allen