[Kde-pim] Failure of Kaddressbook

H van Rensburg hvanrensburg at alpharesearch.co.za
Thu Jan 4 20:12:01 GMT 2007

I have been testing the pim functionality extensively in suse 10.2 using
KDE 3.5.5. I really like the integration and functionality and finally
though it is a worthwhile replacement for outlook. This was after trying
KDE in SUSE9.3 and being disappointed.

The reason for my disappointment then was the failure of the address
book function to handle imports from outlook and it kept on crashing.

I finally made a dos CSV  file from outlook over the weekend and
imported my 2050 contacts. I was unfortunately disappointed again. The
program lost some screen ( or updated them slowly) and went down to a
crawl.

I run on a AMD64x2 with 2GB ram.

This has to be changed. It cannot handle a standard address book size at
all and is holding back the whole pim application. It does not work if
the address book is filled in with more than a few contacts. I have not
tested where the breakpoints are, but believe it is around 50 max.

Comments?