[Kde-pim] kitchensync dead? Bug #95679

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Jan 7 19:46:40 GMT 2007

On Sunday, January 7, 2007 12:52:14 PM Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Sunday 07 January 2007 17:38, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> >
> > Cornelius, what do you think? Shall we include the OpenSync based
> > KitchenSync for 3.5.6?
>
> I don't think it's ready for inclusion in the 3.5 branch. It's missing a
> manual, it doesn't follow the rules for feature additions to the branch (it's
> less than a month before the tagging), and it relies on a not-yet-final
> release of OpenSync.
>
> We can try to fix these problems and aim at inclusion in 3.5.7, but I wouldn't
> include it in 3.5.6.

I suggest committing the new OpenSync based KitchenSync
into our features test branch in branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+

Then we need to recruit peope to test the new syncing features so
it can eventually be merged into the 3.5 branch for the 3.5.7 release.
And, don't forget, it will also need to be ported into trunk.

For 3.5.6..  I'd just as soon leave things as they are. i.e., leave
kitchensync as it is.  The tagging is too close.

For 3.5.7.. kitchensync will either be New&Improved or it will be eliminated.

OK?

--
KDEPIM Developer
I accept PayPal payments to awinterz at earthlink.net