[Kde-pim] kitchensync dead? Bug #95679

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Mon Jan 8 19:39:42 GMT 2007

On So Jan 7 2007, Stefan Winter wrote:

> > IMO:  suggest reverting the commit to kitchensync Makefile.am.
>
> Uh, that's a tough decision that I don't want to take. There are several
> major languages that have already translated the strings (Portuguese,
> Spanish, Swedish just to name a few, according to
> http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable/kdepim/index.php), and they'd be
> rightfully pissed off if I'd just void that work short before a release.

No, please don't revert the patch. Without the correct Makefile.am target
nobody can translate those strings, but with the patch it is possible. And
those teams that are not able to translate the strings don't loose anything
because the strings were untranslated before anyway.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
There are 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.