[Kde-pim] Kitchensync and Kpilot with Palm Tungsten E2

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Thu Jan 11 01:19:58 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 10:14, Oral Timocin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i dont know if this are bugs so i post it here maybe it could be solved :)
[snip]
> 2. Kpilot:
>
> Syncing with Kpilot doesn't work. If i start to sync it crashes with an
> Error on my Palm and after that the Palm freezes. The Message ist
>
> VFSDBCache.c, Line:4051, unattached record
>

> I made after that errors a Hard reset of my palm to erase maybe data
> failures but after that reset its all the same. My Kde Version is 3.5.5
> with Opensuse 10.2. On Opensuse 10.1 Kpilot worked well

KPilot on SUSE 10.2 does not work out of the box due to incompatibilities
between the kpilot from 3.5.5 and pilot-link 0.12.1.  If you want to get this
working, you'll either need to wait a bit until KDE 3.5.6 is released
(happening soon) or you can visit http://kpilot.org and download the source
for kpilot.

That being said, however, if you Google the error you're getting on your Palm,
it would appear that it is something that is not caused by kpilot.  I have
had errors like this in the past and they have proven to be corrupted palm
databases.  You might look into dbScan as well to clean things up.  Failing
that, do a hard reset, as it looks like you've done.

However, you'll still have problems syncing with kpilot from SUSE 10.2 until
you upgrade to the latest source (again, http://kpilot.org).

HTH!!  =:)

--

 `