[Kde-pim] Sending invitations to Outlook users

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Thu Jan 25 18:51:27 GMT 2007

Am Dienstag, 23. Januar 2007 22:00 schrieb Jan-Pascal van Best:
> Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Monday 22 January 2007 17:52, Jan-Pascal van Best wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've been trying to send invitations from Kontact/KOrganizer (Kontact
> >> v1.2.3, Korganizer v3.5.5, KDE v3.5.5 from Debian Etch) to Outlook
> >> 2000 or 2003 using an Exchange 2003 server, or using Outlook Web
> >> Access on the same server. Outlook and OWA show invitations from
> >> KOrganiser as an e-mail with an attachtment. When opening the
> >> attachment they complain they do not know the appointment concerned.
> >> The settings in
> >> KMail/Misc/Groupware did not help me (invitations, oddly enough,
> >> still show as e-mails with attachments).
> >
> > Enabling "Send invitations in the mail body" didn't help?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ingo
>
> No, that did not make any difference in the way the invitations are
> shown in Outlook. I looked at the source of the e-mail, and I could see
> that it was just the vcal data, but it still showed in Outlook as an
> e-mail with an attachment.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jan-Pascal

IIRC to make Outlook handle the invitation correctly, the message must be
fetched via POP3. The Toltec people argue that IMAP in Outlook doesn't handle
the invitation correctly.
You may want to search the Kolab mailing lists archives:
http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/
http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/

Andreas
--