[Kde-pim] New KMail bugs assigned to kdepim-bugs at kde.org

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Jan 16 22:06:54 GMT 2007

On Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:25:26 PM Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 17:45, Volker Krause wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:34:55 AM Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > I've just changed the initial owner of all bugs for KMail (except
> > > for the kmailcvt component) and for the mail component of Kontact
> > > to the newly created kdepim-bugs at kde.org mailing list. I haven't
> > > changed the owner of any other KDE PIM products. If I should do so
> > > just ask.
> >
> > IMHO we should only change products without a dedicated mailinglist.
> > Kontact is a good example, I can't effectively monitor it without
> > manually filtering out KControl bugs. Of course the real problem is a
> > missing product label for automated filtering.
>
> See my request "Bugzilla message headers". We'll hopefully soon have the
> headers needed for automated filtering.
>
> > But we'll have the same problem again with all pim bugs on one singe
> > mailinglist.
>
> Having all PIM bugs on a single mailing list is the whole point of the
> new mailing list. At least that's what I thought the outcome of our
> discussion was.

Right, but under the assumption that there is a way to filter them according
to products. Otherwise you only see the product in the first message which
will make the handling extremely difficult given the amount of bug mails we
receive.
Once the necessary headers are in place I'm perfectly fine with having all pim
bugs on this list, it would actually simplify my work then.

regards
Volker