[Kde-pim] Mailing list requests

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Jan 14 12:05:07 GMT 2007

Hi sysadmin,

I seem to ask for the most mailing lists, don't I.

At the Osnabrueck meeting this weekend we talked about normalizing the mailing
lists for KDE PIM, centralizing some bits, making it possible to do better
bug triage, etc. So we'd like to have the following mailing lists:

kdepim-bugs
kdepim-maintainers

The -bugs list will be an open one; we will assign the mailing addresses for
all of the KDE PIM components to that list, so that we have *one* place for
bugs related to PIM. That buys us a better overview of what is going on and
allows for better bug triage.

The -maintainers list will be a moderated one, with moderated subscription as
well (like the aKademy ones) which will be used to (a) escalate bugs that
really are important (via the triage process) (b) handle security issues (c)
act as a single point of contact for the maintainers of KDE PIM.

In trade, we can -- medium term, not immediately -- dispose of a number of
other mailing lists that are used primarily for bug distribution and nothing
else. These would be kmail-devel and knode-devel. Possibly others: we're
still looking around at the different communications channels that the PIM
developers use.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/