[Kde-pim] HTML composition in KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 25 20:31:34 GMT 2007

On Saturday 24 February 2007 23:21, Rob Hasselbaum wrote:
> On 02/23/2007 04:24 PM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > I see you've already sent a message to quanta-devel. Excellent. I
> > was about to suggest doing so. :-)
>
> Unfortunately, no suitable KPart to be found there.

:-(

> It occurs to me
> that Quanta is probably overkill anyway. Support for input forms and
> the like doesn't make much sense in an e-mail application.

Sure, but I don't think we want to write our own HTML editor. The
current functionality is pretty simple. But people want to embed images
and add tables. This is far from easy. I'd rather (optionally) include
a Quanta-part (probably with stripped-down functionality) than writing
and maintaining an HTML editor of our own.

Regards,
Ingo